A few of years ago, Betty and I had the honor of welcoming Betty's sisters, LaDonna and Frances, as well as her brothers-in-law, Vern and Ray, to our home here in Florida. This was really special for us as it gave us an opportunity to reconnect with them. Because of our many moves, our interaction with Betty's family had been very limited, so, with their travels to Florida, we re-established that interaction. A second reason that made it special was Ray wasn't crazy about flying, and Frances was just plane scared of flying. But they "bit the bullet" and got on the plane and flew to Florida.
Most of the photos I am going to post of Ray were from that trip.
Many years ago at our house in Bakersfield
I cropped this from the photo of Betty and Ray at Blue Springs. I think it is a great photo of Ray.It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye, Ray, we miss you! And I concede, "You are still the KING!!"
Very nice tribute, Fred.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts, prayers and love go out to
Frances and her family on the loss of
Mr. A.
C.P.
I have missed you..rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteSis