Sunday, February 15, 2009

Belated Valentine

Today's post should have been done yesterday but I didn't think about until late last night.

A few years ago, I met the most wonderful girl in the world. We dated for a couple of years and then 42 years ago last January 8th, we headed to Reno, with the friends that "set me up" with her, and got married. When we returned from Reno, we told my family first about us eloping. My mother of course cried and my Dad just sat there with this grin on his face. We then went to tell Betty's mother, who was living with her sister LaDonna at the time. As we walked in the door, LaDonna blurted out "You got married didn't you?'' She deduced that fact because Betty had asked her mother for her birth certificate. Of course, all of our friends thought Betty was pregnant and they all said it wouldn't last. We fooled them on both counts.

I have to admit, I am more in love with Betty every day, and after 42 years I'm looking forward to many more.

I just wanted everyone to enjoy the following pictures, so there are no comments attached to them.



I think she "likes" me!
(OK, I lied about no comments.)

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY, BELATED, WISHES.
    I, TOO, HOPE YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE YEARS TO SHARE YOUR LOVE AND HAPPINESS WITH EACH OTHER.

    LOVE,
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete