In one of my previous post I showed a picture of our house in Pitttsford, NY (Rochester suburb) and the reason we now live in Florida. As you also know, Amy lives in Olympia, WA and Betty's sister, LaDonna and her family live in Vancouver, WA, where both areas had quite a bit of snow this winter. the difference between those areas of Washington, and Pittsford is nothing stopped in New York when it snowed because of the preparation. I think Amy was surprised that things came to somewhat of a standstill in Olympia after having lived in Pittsford and having dealt with the snow in New York.
Below, are some pictures that were taken in March of 1999, prior to us moving to Florida, that shows what a lot of snow looks like. In all honesty, sometimes it was just beautiful to look out and see what these pictures show. However, this amount of snow was not that common and when we would get 2 to 3 inches, it was just an inconvenience. The last couple pictures show the same areas in the spring and summer for comparison.
This is our deck taken from our family room. As you can see, the snow is quite deep.

Another view of the deck after some of the snow had melted.

From out deck to the back of the property.

Where do I go?

This is more like it!

Spring looking toward back of our property. Some contrast, don't you think?

At one time, there was a large tree where the flowers are and when the wind blew it down, I just made a flower bed to break up the look somewhat. This is actually looking toward our neighbors yard just past the flower bed. People don't believe in fences in this area. When there was enough snow, the kids in the neighborhood would use the openness for sledding and skiing.

I hope you enjoyed this side trip.
Beautiful photos. Love the snow, as long as I could stay inside and not have to drive in it.
ReplyDeleteC.P.
Big difference in "snow" in the East and West. Plus, we just don't get it here...we're not equipted to handle it. That's what Easterner's don't understand. And it's never just snow, it's always a nice layer of ice, too.
ReplyDeleteNo fences making it like you have a big yard!