Now that we've shown you our home, it's time to show you Bulow Creek. As stated before, the Bulow Creek area has been designated a forever wild sanctuary. We are very lucky to be able to transverse this river as there is very limited access to it. The canal where my dock is feeds into Bulow Creek so we have constant access. Well, that last statement is not necessarily true. When the river is low, as it is now, it is very shallow so sometimes it is not truly navigable. As you can tell by the following pictures, the beauty of the area is the multitude of shapes and flora, as well as, the tranquility that you feel when you are out on the boat. The creek is really less than a mile from the road but it seems like miles.
Tranquility at It's Finest
As you can see, there is another palm that has fallen into the river. This happens frequently so you have to be always vigilant when you are on the water. I must admit, I have been stranded on a log or two.
As you can see, there is another palm that has fallen into the river. This happens frequently so you have to be always vigilant when you are on the water. I must admit, I have been stranded on a log or two.

Favorite Tree
This tree is just beautiful when seen in all it's glory. It is surrounded by marsh and stands a lonely vigil at that corner of the river.

Is this the River of No Return
The river turns at a right angle just past the fallen log. There was another log blocking the narrow straight and one of our friends and I took the boat out to move it out of the way. While attempting to move the log, I took a header off the boat into the muck. Skip thought that was so-o-o-o funny. I guess it was kind of funny.




This brings back memorys of when we were all their visiting and going for a boat ride.
ReplyDeleteThank you Fred I love your blog I'm enjoying it soooo much. I could not belive it when my comment went through.
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful! I want to come visit sometime....when the river is high.
ReplyDeleteGOSH...TWO DAYS AND NO NEW NEWS? MISS IT.
ReplyDeleteC.P.