Friday, February 27, 2009

Something Special

Today's post is going to be short, but very important, with only one photo.

I need to give a little background to the story. Way back in time, around 1967-1968, Betty purchased a sewing machine from Sears. She used that machine for a great many years until it finally gave up the ghost. She has been wanting new machine for some time but because she has trouble using her left hand (it sometimes just doesn't work) we just hadn't purchased one. Well, about a month ago we purchased an inexpensive Singer at Target. It is just a basic machine with 10 or 12 standard stitches and is able to do other basic things. No quilts or big projects.

Her first project was to make a cover for the machine, for which she had no pattern so she had to figure it out, and it was perfect (see picture). Some people may think "What's the big deal?" But I am so very proud of her and her accomplishment. I know how hard it is for her to do some of the most basic things because of her MS so making this cover gave her the confidence to go on to bigger and better things. Today was are going for material for place-mats and she bid on a pattern for a new robe on ebay, and won, so when it arrives, it will be off for more material.'til tomorrow, have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Fred for taking such good care of my sister.Betty the cover looks great keep up the good work. Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO, Betty...:) I should be so talented.

    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks great! I need to make a cover for mine. I just keep putting it off. I use my machine so much that it never seems to need a cover, but it does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now the life of a crafter (..) Great work

    ReplyDelete