Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Photos

Last night Betty said people wanted to see pictures of people and not just of scenery, and even though I may have disagreed with her, I decided that the next few days will be nothing but people. There will be no rhyme or reason for the selections and the pictures may be from many years. These first few are from last December though. Betty and I traveled to her sister and brother-in-law's house , (Ray & Frances), to spend Christmas with them and our kids. As in my last post, our kids really didn't know Frances and Ray and Betty wanted to make sure they had an opportunity to get to know them. And since they always welcome "anyone" with open arms, we just invited ourselves and our kids.

Bambi and Kujo
(They think they are people)
When we first arrived in Arizona, it was freezing!! Kujo was not used to the cold so Frances but her in a dog sweater when she would go outside. It really was large, so we ended up purchasing another one and you would have thought she was something special (she is) the way she walked around wearing it. she still wants it on sometimes here in Florida. As you can see Bambi likes her's also.
Doug, Amy, and Daryl
The day after Christmas, the five of us went to the Grand Canyon via train. Then on the 27th, the kids headed for Vegas until Amy's return flight to Seattle on the 29th. This picture was taken as they were getting ready to leave.

The next three pictures were taken outside right before they left for Vegas. No explanation needed.
Doug


Daryl



Amy



Betty with orchid
I just threw this picture in the mix just 'cause I wanted to. Betty was sitting on our screen porch and I asked her to hold up the orchid so I could take a picture, and this was the results. I love orchids but they are quite delicate and if we get any cold weather, they are gone. Still they are nice to have around.


Until tomorrow and more random pictures, have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

  1. I Love the dogs and there jackets isn't it great how they are happy with most anything. Nice to see picutes of th KIds (adults) The picture of Betty is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're both right...love to see pictures of people AND nature. You're really GREAT with the camera, Freddie. Love your orchids, Betty. I had orchids, some years ago on my patio, until my father-in-law, thought he was doing me a favor, and SEPARATED them...(the roots were showing)...Well you know the rest. Bless his heart, he meant well. Till tommorrow.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great,I love the one of Betty and the orchids.Waiting for tomorrows stash.

    ReplyDelete