Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to Nature

One of the things I really like about living in Florida, especially where we live, is the abundance of natural beauty we have. The downside is there are no mountains. I love all nature, whether it is by the seashore or in the mountains, but here in Florida it is just the seashore and rugged swamps. Inherent to the natural beauty is the abundance of wildlife, of course. There is a great variety of birds that inhabit the area and birds of prey are very prevalent. Below are just a few picture of some of the aviary species we have.

Hawk in Tree.
What a magnificent bird this is. On a smaller scale, this bird is as majestic as an eagle.

Thought I saw some "grub".
I was sitting on the porch when I saw this hawk walking around the tree. There was most likely some small critter it saw so it thought it might be something to eat.
Just checking my domain from this roof.
Me amd my pals just coolin' it!
Reflections!
This is one of my favorite pictures. The reflection of "George" the heron in the water makes this picture.

That's all for today.

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful I sure wish Florida
    was closer. I could really loose myself there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that last picture is one of my favorite also

    ReplyDelete