Saturday, March 28, 2009

Contrasts

Well, here it is Saturday and I haven't posted anything since Wednesday. Did you miss my ramblings?

As I stated in Wednesday's post I had a very important engagement on Thursday morning and I have to tell you, we came in 4th by one stroke, and there were 32 teams in the event. We did pretty well considering if the ball was within 100 yards of the green, we couldn't seem to get it close to the pin. By the way, it was a "best-ball" tournament and for those that don't know what that is, the team picks the best shot from the four made and then everyone hits it from that spot. So, to not be able to get it close from within 100 yards, that's really sad. We also made the biggest No-No in golf, by leaving about 5 putts short. Oh well, that's one of the reasons it's called golf since all the other four letter words were already taken.

That was Thursday. What happened to yesterday? Miss Betty had a few "little" jobs she wanted done and by the time I finished I was ready to do nothing. I have to tell you, retirement isn't what it's cracked up to be. I have worked harder since I retired than I did prior.

Today's post isn't going to be anything spectacular I can assure you. I'm going to show you the contrast between March in Florida and March in New York. You can then judge for yourselves which is better.

March in Florida
Actually, these pictures are Florida year round for the most part. There may be a little less rain and sometimes in January it will get in the 30's at night (not often).

March in New York
I posted the last picture to show that even though there is a lot of snow, it can be very pretty. I also have to say, the rest of the seasons can be spectacular there.


That's all for today.

5 comments:

  1. Sure glad you said golf in stead of the other four letter words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take March in Florida, thank you very much! :) What is the weather like there now? Warm? Sunny? Do you make it to the beach often? I want to see more coastal pictures if you need blogging ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are sure a contrast. From "Whew" in Florida to "Brrr" in New York. Betty has the right idea with her "honey do" list...Keeps you out of mischief...at least for a little
    while : )
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO YOU REALLY BELONG IN FLORIDA? I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE NEW YORK BETTER.LOTS OF SNOW TO SHOVEL.

    ReplyDelete