Monday, March 30, 2009

Christmas 2008

Today I'm going to share some pictures from our Christmas celebration at Ray and Frances'. As most of you are aware, Betty and I have lived all over the country so our kids never really got to know their aunts and uncles. Daryl was older when we lived close to our relatives so he remembers them more than Amy. So, Betty and I invited ourselves to share Christmas with Ray and Frances in Arizona, and of course, that included our kids (Ray and Frances are usually alone at Christmas). Daryl and Doug drove from Fresno and Amy flew into Vegas, where the boys and I picked her up. As a sidebar, when the kids left, they went to Vegas for a couple of days before Amy had to fly back. I gave Amy some money to "spend" and she said she was going to at least double it. Guess what? She lost it all, but she had fun which is what it was for.

Anyway, back to the story. we had a wonderful time in Arizona and our kids really enjoyed spending time with their aunt and uncle. Frances sent us some pictures, which I scanned so I could share them with you, and we took some also.

Christmas Eve
Can you believe the stuff under the tree? It is a tradition in our house that we only open gifts on Christmas morning (my rule). You can only imagine the pressure that was put on me from Betty, Amy, and Frances when they kept saying "..can't we open just one on Christmas Eve?"

Amy, Betty, and Kujo patiently waiting Christmas morning.

Daryl surveying the mess

Doug, Amy and Betty surrounded by gift wrap

Frances and Betty with her Grinch shirt

Faking it!
I really wasn't asleep, but I wanted them to think I was, heh, heh!

I guess Ray isn't very photogenic as there are no pictures of him. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. It looks as if you had a great time together. That's what it's all about..FAMILY. And yes, I can believe all that "stuff" under the tree...Looks like our place at Christmas. Aren't we all spoiled !! Frances, your tree was so pretty. Onto the last picture...You look too relaxed to have been faking it. This must have been taken after dinner. As Red used to
    say, "when the belly is full the body needs rest". Till next posting.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete