Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Updates

I have to apologize for this being posted so late, but I encountered The Blue Screen of Death while I was working on it. I had to download an update from Microsoft (Vista Service Pack 1) which took almost a half-an-hour to install. Supposedly, the fix for the Blue Screen is in the service pack. We'll see!

So, this is going to be a short post . I need to work on some other things.

I have some great news today. Last night, I cooked a typical Irish dinner with corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread. As it was finishing up, I asked Betty if we could use the new place-mats. To my surprise she said yes. Of course, she did have a caveat attached, which was "if you get anything on them, prepare to die!" Talk about being extra careful. On another note, the Irish soda bread I made came from an old cookbook that I have had in the bookcase for a number of years. I was looking for something to read and came across this cookbook. I started looking through the recipes and was really surprised at some of them. This Irish soda bread was really great.

The Cookbook

I'm including the next picture on this post because our niece Sheila was not mentioned when I first posted it. So if you look behind LaDonna, on the left of the picture, you will see Sheila. As you look at the picture, try to imagine Sheila as a grandmother, which she is. Wow, that makes LaDonna a Great-grandmother!!!

Sheila, on left behind her mother.


Sunday, I was working on the computer and I looked out the window and I saw this.


A young hawk was after something to eat, saw some movement and came to investigate. I grabbed my camera and took the picture through the window. When it flew back to a position observation I went to the deck to get the next picture.

Waiting for his meal.


I want to get this posted so that's all for today.

3 comments:

  1. hawks have great messages, my how times fly. how I did my kids get so old not me though (..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soundslike a really good Irish mealYum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fix for blue screen of death is to get rid of Vista. Oh, heck...just get rid of the PC all together. :)

    ReplyDelete