Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Some Research

First, I have to make a correction on my last post, pointed out by my cousin Pat. The pictures of my grandparents and mother were from 1968, not 1998. As Pat said, a senior moment. I apologize for this fo-paw.

Now on to this post. For the last couple of days, Betty and her sister LaDonna have been trading emails with the ongoing theme of looking in the mirror and seeing their mother. Both agreed that this the norm. I really think it started when a post on The Family Adventure had a picture of LaDonna's daughter, Sheila, which I mistook for LaDonna. Betty said it was Sheila but did agree that she looks like her mother. After discussing looking like their mother, Myrtle, as they grow older, I think the most significant statement was made by LaDonna when she said "All I know is Mom must have been a real looker when she was younger." Of course, Betty readily agreed. I took it upon myself to see if I could prove this statement, but not finding any pictures of Myrtle when she was younger, I just have to include pictures of the "Johnson girls" when they were younger and project from those. So here goes.

"Wow! Who is this good looking, young lady? Why it's Betty!"


"Is this LaDonna? Yes, those Johnson girls are lookers!"


"Who are these Johnson girls? Why it's Betty and Frances!"


La Donna, Myrtle, and Frances

The whole Johnson clan.
From left to right. Alford, Carole, Myrtle, LaDonna, Betty, and Frances.
I love the body language on the left.



I was feeling bad because I realized that I had neglected Frances' husband Ray since I started this blog, so I hope this makes up for it. I know he is not one of the lovely "Johnson Girls", but I think as you check out his picture, you will agree he belongs.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that was mom's sixth birthday may have been the last time we were all together. Now don't get mad but I swear you and Ray look like brothers. Happy blogging.
    So sad that Alford and Carol felt so not a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures brings back lots of memories.Thanks Fred

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...You got that right Fred...Those Johnson girls were and are REAL lookers. I agree with you, LaDonna, Fred and Ray DO look like they could be brothers other than the color of the hair. Handsome, aren't they?
    Yeah, Fred, I'm suckin' up :)
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete