Now on to bigger and better things. Well, maybe not bigger and better, but at least other things. Over the last couple of posts, there has been somewhat of a controversy about who looks like what frog. Well, to alleviate anymore of this controversy, I have decided to post pictures of myself to end it. So here goes.
My Grandmother Madge holding me at 2 weeks of age.
My mother and I at about a year old.
In my backyard at 2 years of age.My family lived in this house from just before I was born until just after I entered the Army. At that time my folks sold it and moved to another house in Santa Paula. Since I was in the Army, they thought they could "lose me" by not sending me the new address. Didn't work, because Betty was living with them.
2 Years Old and a professional picture.
In the 7th or 8th grade.
High School Graduation Picture
The late '60's, in the Army.If you look closely at the insignia on the left lapel, it signifies I was in Military Intelligence, which is NOT an oxymoron. This picture was taken because, if you can believe it, I was "Solder of the Month" at Ft. Clayton, Canal Zone, and second in the Southern Command (I didn't know the mussel velocity of an m60 machine gun, like the Green Beret that won) . It surprised me also.
SSG HitchcockI was promoted to Staff Sargent while stationed in Korea, after Panama. I received the only "stripe" sent to the Pacific Theater that did not go to Viet Nam that month. Luckily, I never had to go there. The picture was folded, so that is why there is line across the middle.
In the early '80's, in our house in Bakersfield.Now that I have "tooted" my own horn, I have a question. How can anyone think that this handsome devil looks like a frog??
I promise not to put you through this misery again.
I promise not to put you through this misery again.
Thanks for the pictures. You were such a cute baby WHAT HAPPENED
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to look it our life. Frogs aren't bad
ReplyDelete