Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grandfather - Part III

This will be the last post about my grandfather for now but I wanted to share these few photos with you. There are a couple of more stories to tell but I want to keep everyone waiting. Who knows when I might post them, so you'll just have to keep checking.

I just scanned in the following pictures, and I wanted to share them as they are very special pictures. These were taken in December , 1998, at my grandparents home in Yuba City. A few days after these pictures were taken, my grandfather had a massive heart attack and died. Betty and I were in Panama at the time so these pictures are the last reminders' I have of my grandfather.

My mother, Grandpa Fred, and Grandma Madge
My parents had spent the Christmas Holidays with my grandparents and as they were traveling back to Santa Paula, my grandfather had his heart attack.


Grandpa Fred and Grandma Madge


There isn't anything else to say.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry,I haven't been able to post any comments the past couple of days. @#%& computers. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. They seem to have a mind of their own. Have to have my grandson take a look at it. Anyway, "welcome to the family", Frances. Anyone that likes buttermilk is "my kind of people". :)
    I do believe you made a goof, Fred, on the date of these photos. Mom, Red and I went to Uncle Fred's funeral and on up to Chester for the burial. It couldn't have been 1998 as Mom passed away in Sept. 1994. I also goofed in one of my comments, when I mentioned Uncle Fred and Aunty Madge relocated to "Marysville" rather than Yuba City...oh well, close enough, I guess.
    Senior Moments?
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE REALLY A OLD COOT FROM SEA.

    ReplyDelete