Yesterday I shared some pictures of a young hawk and LaDonna commented on them and then Betty related a story about a bird trying to come into our house. I really don't know why, but this bird flies into the upper part of the window numerous times and then lands on the screen. She may be trying to warn us off because of her nest. She is a beautiful little robin, as you will see in the pictures.
The frogs playing the instruments, I "stole" them from my sister-in-law, Frances.
Frances may want the frogs back, because if you look real close, the banjo player looks a little like her husband Ray.
Now, on to the house.
Living where we do, you can imagine nautical themes are very prevalent. We do have some items that have the nautical genre, but mostly those pieces are a celebration of the wildlife. Below are a few pictures of these pieces. I really like them, not only for what they say, but also because they are very pretty.
The first two pictures are a sculpture of sea turtles. When LaDonna and Frances, along with Vern and Ray, were visiting, we went to Bealls and this sculpture was on sale. Betty wouldn't let me purchase it but LaDonna and Frances surprised me with it. I have to be honest, Betty doesn't care for it but I think it is great.
Living where we do, you can imagine nautical themes are very prevalent. We do have some items that have the nautical genre, but mostly those pieces are a celebration of the wildlife. Below are a few pictures of these pieces. I really like them, not only for what they say, but also because they are very pretty.
The first two pictures are a sculpture of sea turtles. When LaDonna and Frances, along with Vern and Ray, were visiting, we went to Bealls and this sculpture was on sale. Betty wouldn't let me purchase it but LaDonna and Frances surprised me with it. I have to be honest, Betty doesn't care for it but I think it is great.
view 1
Sea turtle sculpture,
view 2
view 2
The next two pictures are of two sculptures we found at a patio store. The artist used cerramic "crittters" and placed them amoung real coral and shells. they are quite pretty and sit on our sofa table in the living room.
I love the little robin lucky you got a close up shot. About the stollen frogs look real close the one next to the banjo player looks remarkbly like you.
ReplyDeleteOLD MAN OF THE SEA. I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A SALTY OLD KINDA GUY.
ReplyDeleteI think the robin thinks it see a meal frogs yum.
ReplyDelete