This is a picture of the program.
The ceremony was held in a big tent on the lawn and this was on each table.

The next two pictures are of Daryl and Doug as each entered for the ceremony.
Daryl
Doug
I know, they look very similar. Just remember Doug has the smaller beard.
Flowers played a prominent role in the ceremony. This next picture shows Daryl and Doug posing with one of the flowers.
This next pictures shows the "Hands Tied in commitment" after the pastor had tied them.

This is Daryl and Doug repeating the vows of commitment.
This picture is of all the people that participated in the ceremony. Betty and my participation was just being there for moral support.
The family!
No explanation needed.
I included the next picture 'cause I like it. It was taken at the ceremony, so it is o.k. I just think it is a great picture of both Betty and Amy.

The ceremony was held in a big tent on the lawn and this was on each table.

The next two pictures are of Daryl and Doug as each entered for the ceremony.
Daryl
Doug
I know, they look very similar. Just remember Doug has the smaller beard.Flowers played a prominent role in the ceremony. This next picture shows Daryl and Doug posing with one of the flowers.
This next pictures shows the "Hands Tied in commitment" after the pastor had tied them.
This is Daryl and Doug repeating the vows of commitment.
This picture is of all the people that participated in the ceremony. Betty and my participation was just being there for moral support.
The family!No explanation needed.
I included the next picture 'cause I like it. It was taken at the ceremony, so it is o.k. I just think it is a great picture of both Betty and Amy.
Betty and I are very proud of both of "our boys!" They both have worked very hard to accomplish their goals of becoming Psychologists.
Daryl is well know in the child psychology arena as an advocate of "Play Therapy." When I was traveling to L.A. to teach for Kodak, I would always stay an extra couple of days so I could go to Fresno and see Daryl. We always went to Costco and headed for the toy section to see if there was anything he could use in his "play therapy" sessions.
And even though Doug is just getting his license (he takes the test this month), after he graduated last June, he worked at a woman's prison for his hours. He is now working part-time at the prison and is starting to see patients on his own. Another psychologist is letting him "work" under her license until he passes the test.
It has been a "long row to hoe" to accomplish what they have.
Daryl is well know in the child psychology arena as an advocate of "Play Therapy." When I was traveling to L.A. to teach for Kodak, I would always stay an extra couple of days so I could go to Fresno and see Daryl. We always went to Costco and headed for the toy section to see if there was anything he could use in his "play therapy" sessions.
And even though Doug is just getting his license (he takes the test this month), after he graduated last June, he worked at a woman's prison for his hours. He is now working part-time at the prison and is starting to see patients on his own. Another psychologist is letting him "work" under her license until he passes the test.
It has been a "long row to hoe" to accomplish what they have.
Beautiful and meaningful ceremony. I've never heard of a Hand Clasping ceremony. Thanks for sharing. Good luck, Doug, on taking your test this month.
ReplyDeleteIt's too bad the beautiful blue flowers, on yesterdays post, aren't native to Florida. They are so pretty. But I do understand why they must be gotten rid of.
Looking forward to tomorrows post.
C.P.
Forgot to mention that I also agree, with you Fred...Great photo of Betty and Amy.
ReplyDeleteC.P.
Great of you to share this with us.
ReplyDelete