In the late '70's, one of my Kodak customers was the photo lab at Port Hueneme Naval Base. I used to work on their processors and became very good friends with the technicians. One day I was talking to them about some negatives I had, but ones I was somewhat afraid to try and print. The reason I was afraid was because they were very fragile, as they were glass negatives. We decided it would be fun to print them, so the next time I was called to the photo lab, I took the negatives with me. As you will see from the posted pictures, we were successful in printing them. I have a total of 4 glass negatives, but I can only find 3 of the printed pictures, so that is all you will see. I hope you enjoy them and realize the significance of the negatives. The print will be first, followed by a picutre of the negative.

Aunt Ruth (?)

My Grandfather Lester in MonroviaThe picture of the nagative didn't turn out as it is very dark and you couldn't see any detail. In fact, when we were printing the picture, it was the most difficult because of the amount of exposure needed from the enlarger.
I want to include one other picture in this post. It is my Great-Great Grandmother Milbern and it was taken in 1888, when she was 75. She was born in 1813 and died in 1894 at 81. The only reason I'm including it is becasue I love the piture. Enjoy.

Oh Fred these pictures are wonderful I just love them. I would enlarge them try and find old frames to put them and hang for everyone to see.
ReplyDeleteWhat a history you have
ReplyDeleteWOW, it sure looks as if I have alot of "catching up" to do. Hope this posting goes through. Cut my trip short, due to a sinus infection...got home and this *&$%^# computer goes haywire...guess it missed me. :) All that I could send were "forwards" no composed e-mails, and sometimes they wouldn't go through either. That's why I hope this one will. Will catch up soon, I HOPE. Just wanted to stay in touch and let you know I'm still alive and kicking...YEAH...kicking the computer. Have to have my grandson come over and see what in the H--- the problem is. Thank God for grandkids, right? Hope to get back to normal real soon. Bear with me.
ReplyDeleteC.P.
Welcome back Pat I missed your comments. Sorry about your sinus and computer problems
ReplyDeleteOK FRED YOU POSTED ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILY.BETTER POST THE OUTLAWS NOW. P.S. I LIKE THE OLD PICTURES. ANONYMOUS AT IT AGAIN
ReplyDelete