Friday, March 20, 2009

Our House - Cont.

The second of two parts, I'm going to continue with my favorite decorations. Actually, this will be the third installment as I previously had discussed my crate labels. Well, that is neither here nor there. By the way, in case you didn't know, if you want a larger view, just click on the picture and it will be bigger. Click on the back arrow to return to the post.

The first picture is one of the decorations I really love. Not only that, it makes me proud. Amy is a very talented artist and this is one of her pictures. She won a 1st in class award and then was 2nd in show. We have other of her works, but she only let us hang this one. Someday I hope she returns to her art.


A Study in Watercolor


I love clocks, so we have a number of clocks in the house. In fact, I have a particular grandfathers clock I want to get but I keep putting it off. Maybe someday. Anyway, the first clock is from Germany and was made sometime in the late 1800. We were driving around Frankfort one day when we spotted someone selling it by the side of the road. Of course I stopped and looked at it and the man only wanted about $15, so I bought it. At the time it had a lot of grime on the face and needed some tender loving care, but after I cleaned it up, I knew it was special. It does have some idiosyncrasies, such as it always runs 5 minutes fast and if it is on the wall perfectly square, it quits running. I have had it in a couple of times to have it fixed to no avail. Now it's just part it's charm.


Great Old Clock


The next picture is the clock that is mounted above the sofa table. It is not old but Betty and I both fell in love with it, so we ordered it. The first one we saw was at Mary and Keith's house, and now Bill and Shirlee have the same one. A little sidebar. Betty and I were at a Lowe's and we purchased new fans, with light fixtures, for the living room and the family room, as well as, a matching light fixture for the dining room. After I installed them, we find out Mary and Keith had purchased the same fans. I guess our tastes are very similar. Here's the other clock.

Just a pretty clock


Now I have something else to discuss. After yesterday's post, my sister-in-law Frances, had the gall to write a comment suggesting I might look like the frog next to the banjo playing frog. Well, I have to tell you, I don't see any resemblance at all. But to be fair, I'm going to post a bigger picture of the frogs, along with a picture of Vern and Ray sitting down and me standing behind, and let you decide for yourselves. I know you will agree with me there is no resemblance at all.

The Frogs

Vern and Ray sitting, me standing behind.

As you can see for yourselves, the was certainly no reason to suggest such a thing.

That's all for today.

5 comments:

  1. hum well looks like the frog that got the fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS LIKE A THORN BETWEEN TWO ROSES TO ME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now that I see the three of you togather you really do look like the frogs all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pat we need another opinion HELP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frances, I'll help because Pat won't be back til the 25th. The three of them really do look like the frogs. Ray on the banjo, Fred on the jug and Verne on the washboard. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete