Betty and I have driven west numerous times in the last couple of years, and we do really enjoy the drive. If we always flew, the arrangements would be tremendous, what with trying to find someone to take care of Kujo, the flight itself, and a rental car, so we drive and take Kujo with us. I will tell you, I know all the rest stops between Florida and California now. Since we were from So Cal, Betty and I were used to seeing very little green during the year, and then when we moved to New York and now Florida, green is the most prominent color. So while traveling through New Mexico, I stopped an took some scenery pictures which are really quite pretty, and show off the landscape very well. As you look at the pictures, let me remind you that the highest "mountain" in Florida is an unused landfill that has been turned into a park.
A note for C.P.: yes, I remember well my grandfather spreading poppy seeds! Thanks for reminding me.
Someday, remind me to tell the story of Betty driving through New Mexico on our way to Germany. It's really great.
Someday, remind me to tell the story of Betty driving through New Mexico on our way to Germany. It's really great.
I love these pictures I call them God's free gifts
ReplyDeleteHow right you are, LaDonna. Love the way you phrased that. Of coarse, all of the photos are beautiful. Love the sunset photo...Reminds me of the gorgeous sunsets in Hawaii. None can compare.
ReplyDeleteReminder: Tell us the story of Betty driving through New Mexico.
Hey, Frances...where 'ya been?
C.P.
AT YOUR AGE ( WHICH IS VERY OLD ) WE WILL LET YOU HAVE THEM THIS ONE TIME ONLY. HAPPY BLAHS FRED.
ReplyDelete