First, let me apologize for posting so late. I usually post in the mornings and try to have a new post by 9am EDT, but here lately, it seems I am getting later and later. I really think I'm getting this retirement thing down. Sleeping late, answering Betty's question -"What are you going to do today?" with "Nothing!"; "Why?"; "Because I didn't finish yesterday!!!" You know the old saying, why do something today when you can keep putting it off. I'm sure I will get a comment from Betty about this. Now on to today's post.
In all the posts I've done so far, I have not really discussed my parents, so today will be the first post dedicated to them. I could post pictures of my dad when is was a baby and a young man, however, I'm going to concentrate on the years they were married.
As I was growing up, my grandmothers were Grandma Hitchcock and Grandma Madge, and my grandfather was Grandpa Fred. As our kids were growing, they called my parents, Grandma Lolo and Grandpa. To Betty and I, they were Lolo and Pop. I really don't know how my mother came to be known as Lolo, although my sisters claims one of her kids is responsible, but everyone called her Lolo.
Lolo became a teacher after I entered school and graduated from UCSB. I think that is were Daryl and Amy got there perseverance to complete thier education. She loved teaching, putting her heart and soul into it, and from which her peers and students gained a great deal. My dad on the other hand was not able to attend college as the year he was to start, my grandfather fell off a roof doing construction, so my dad had to go to work to support his family. He held a number of jobs, but worked for Mupu Citrus and Sunkist until he retired.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Great photo of your parents on their 50th. By the way, Anonymous, be glad Betty isn't an only child, otherwise Freddie would be picking on us.
ReplyDeleteHe always was a tease and I guess he always will be. That's okay, keeps him young...? Young, I said? I must be dreaming. :)
C.P.