Yesterday, in fact this whole weekend, has just been one long B-l-a-a-a-h! Saturday, when I got up, my big toe on my right foot was swollen and very sore. It had started being sore on Wednesday, but it didn't really bother me until Saturday. I was going to mow my lawn but I couldn't put my shoe on, so I had to ask Keith (he has a lawn business) if he would mow it. After it was mowed, he said I would receive a bill at the end of the month, but there would be additional charges to the normal bill. Here are the additional charges: (1) Emergency mow; (2) Weekend mow; (3) After 12 noon mow; (4) Asking "helper" to mow (Mary, his wife). Then he came to the house Saturday night for fried fish. With friends like him, I could go broke fast.
Then comes Sunday. The faucet on the kitchen sink was leaking so I was going to fix it. I had fixed other problems with the faucet but it came to pass we needed a new faucet. So I purchased a new faucet but I couldn't get the old one out. Betty suggested I call the plumber and have him change the faucet. I told her changing a faucet is no big dealg and I hated to pay a plumber. She then reminded me "that's all well and good, but if you happen to break the sink trying to remove the old faucet, it going to cost more than the plumber." I hate it when she is so logical but she was right, so guess who is coming this afternoon? Yep, your're right, the plumber!
Sorry there are no pictures today, but who wants to see my long, sad face? Besides, I don't have any pictures to go with this post. I'm just venting.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HEY WITH ALL YOUR BUCKS HIRE TWO PLUMBERS ONE FOR WORKING AND THE OTHER TO WATCH. BYE FROM YOU KNOW WHO.....
ReplyDeletePOOR FREDDIE...Feel for you...
ReplyDeleteNo pictures? Thought you might possibly send some of the plumber...his back side, of coarse.
DARN :)
Your D.O.C. :]
C.P.
venting is good keeps you healthy
ReplyDelete