By the way, as I continue to scan, I am sure I will find additional pictures of the kids, Betty and the rest of the family, so I will be sharing new pictures for a long time. Now on to today's post.
This was taken when Amy was 3 months old. This was at the first house Betty and I purchased in Santa Paula. Shortly after that I was transferred to Bakersfield.
Amy sleeping
I don't know how old Amy was in this picture, but she looks like a little angel laying there.
Betty and Amy
This was taken when we lived in Bakersfield. Amy loved books and everything about them, so Betty would read to her until she learned to read on her own. That task was accomplished by her prior to her entering school.
Lolo and Amy ride again
When we lived in Escondido, we spent many an hour at the wild animal park. When my folks would come down from Utah, we would, of course, take Lolo to the park also. Amy loved her Grandma Lolo as she was very adventurous and would do things with Amy, like ride the camel.
First Fish
We used to go camping at a place called Green Creek, above Bridgeport, Ca, in the Sierra Mountains. The camper was usually parked right next to the creek and this picture was taken right in back of the camper. This was the first fish Amy ever caught, and I have to say the last. She really wasn't that thrilled about catching and then having to hold a fish. I love this picture almost as much as the one I posted the other day.
Amy, Jackie, and Daryl
This picture was taken at Green Creek also. Jackie is Amy and Daryl's cousin and she always enjoyed going places with us.
Grammar School
I don't know what grade this picture is from but I think it was either kindergarten of first.
Amy sleepingI don't know how old Amy was in this picture, but she looks like a little angel laying there.
Betty and AmyThis was taken when we lived in Bakersfield. Amy loved books and everything about them, so Betty would read to her until she learned to read on her own. That task was accomplished by her prior to her entering school.
Lolo and Amy ride againWhen we lived in Escondido, we spent many an hour at the wild animal park. When my folks would come down from Utah, we would, of course, take Lolo to the park also. Amy loved her Grandma Lolo as she was very adventurous and would do things with Amy, like ride the camel.
First FishWe used to go camping at a place called Green Creek, above Bridgeport, Ca, in the Sierra Mountains. The camper was usually parked right next to the creek and this picture was taken right in back of the camper. This was the first fish Amy ever caught, and I have to say the last. She really wasn't that thrilled about catching and then having to hold a fish. I love this picture almost as much as the one I posted the other day.
Amy, Jackie, and DarylThis picture was taken at Green Creek also. Jackie is Amy and Daryl's cousin and she always enjoyed going places with us.
Grammar SchoolI don't know what grade this picture is from but I think it was either kindergarten of first.
As I posted these pictures, it brought back some great memories. It is hard to believe Amy is a grown woman. I guess as Anonymous is always commenting, I really am getting old. That's enough for today, but I'll share more tomorrow.

It made me remember long ago, too.
ReplyDeleteTHANK GOD YOUR AMY LOOKS BEAUTIFUL LIKE HER YOUNG BEATIFUL MOM. GUESS WHO?
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling little girl. I know you and Betty are so proud of her. Yes, I remember, your Mom was very adventurous. Would try most anything. She was a great gal. Love, love,love seeing these pictures. Looking forward to more.
ReplyDeleteC.P.
As Pat said love these pictures we want more ans yes Lolo was a great gal I still use her recipe for persimmon cookies and bread
ReplyDeleteOh come on Fred admit it you love any picture of
ReplyDeleteAmy. Betty looks so young reading to her darling little girl.