Betty has been helping scan, as I wanted her to learn how, so it has gone faster. I have some really "old" pictures of some of my Dad's family scanned now which I will share on a later post. Some of the pictures are really great. I just have a couple of more picture of my parents I want to share with you today though.
This picture was taken by a friend of my parents who had moved to St. George. After my folks had died, he found the picture and had a copy made for me. It was taken in the late 1980"s and my Dad died in 1991.
Lolo and my Aunt Lois
Lolo is holding my sister Doris and my aunt is holding my cousin Antonette. Doris was oldest by about a month. Aunt Lois was my Dad's sister. What is really interesting about the picture is first, my mother only stood about 5'2" tall and yet she "towers" over my Aunt Lois. Secondly, if you were just glancing at the picture, you would think my aunt was my sister Donna.
Pop and Uncle Tony
This is my dad and Uncle Tony, Aunt Lois' husband holding the same two girls.
Lolo and my sisters, Doris and Donna
This picture was taken for my father for fathers-day, 1942. I wasn't even a twinkle in my parents eye at that time as I wasn't born until October of the next year.
My dad, the air-raid warden
During the war, my Dad was exempt from military service for two reasons. He was married with two children, and he worked in a critical industry, citrus. So, he volunteered as an air-raid warden, which at the time was very necessary as no one knew if the Japanese were going to invade the West Coast.
Lolo and my Aunt LoisLolo is holding my sister Doris and my aunt is holding my cousin Antonette. Doris was oldest by about a month. Aunt Lois was my Dad's sister. What is really interesting about the picture is first, my mother only stood about 5'2" tall and yet she "towers" over my Aunt Lois. Secondly, if you were just glancing at the picture, you would think my aunt was my sister Donna.
Pop and Uncle TonyThis is my dad and Uncle Tony, Aunt Lois' husband holding the same two girls.
Lolo and my sisters, Doris and DonnaThis picture was taken for my father for fathers-day, 1942. I wasn't even a twinkle in my parents eye at that time as I wasn't born until October of the next year.
My dad, the air-raid wardenDuring the war, my Dad was exempt from military service for two reasons. He was married with two children, and he worked in a critical industry, citrus. So, he volunteered as an air-raid warden, which at the time was very necessary as no one knew if the Japanese were going to invade the West Coast.
Well, it's time to go prepare for my appointment. Until next time!!!

Good luck today, with your "standing appointment"...
ReplyDeleteBy the way, be careful...
Are you aware that SALT also melts?
C.P. :)
FRED YOU ARE A BOOGY MAN.
ReplyDeleteYou want to be careful if it rains on your appointment if lighting strikes the golf course it just might get you or your iron then you will melt for sure.As pat says salt also melts
ReplyDeleteHey Frances...let's "click" our glasses of buttermilk and make a toast for Fred that he doesn't melt. We'd miss his blogs, wouldn't we.
ReplyDeleteC.P. :)
you have a loyal following
ReplyDelete