Sunday, April 5, 2009

More on the Hitchcock's

Sorry I skipped yesterday but I was quite busy. I had to clean all of the filters in my sprinklers and make sure the lines were also clean . The community had a problem with our lawn watering system and all kinds of "gunk" got into the line. Almost everyone's sprinkler system had to be cleaned. I have to tell you, I used to be able to do that kind of a job pretty quickly, but now, it took me all day. I know I will get a comment from "Anonymous" about getting old, but I think said person should remember they are "less than 3 months younger than me!!!!" All I can say is "It's hell getting old!"

On to better things. As Betty and I were scanning in our old pictures, there was some really neat ones that I'd like to share with you. Men back in the 1800's were really kind of cool with their mustaches and beards. Wait until you see some of my ancestors. They could have ridden with Wild Bill Hickok, or Butch Cassidy. Enjoy!



Great-Great Grandfather Mandeville
The horses names were Fanny and Bessie. This was taken about 1912


Another one, this time working in the orchard.


Great-Great Uncle Horton Mandeville
This was my grandmother's uncle


Great-Great Uncle Lucius Rockwell
My grandfather's uncle, I think. It may have been another of my Grandmother's. I'm trying to research it. He died in 1908.

Everyone has an Uncle Charlie, so here is my Dad's

Are they cool looking or what? I also didn't crop the borders on the ones with unique designs, such as the first one of my Great-Great Grandfather Mandeville and the one of Uncle Charlie. That is part of the charm of the pictures.

I'll probably follow this theme tomorrow as I want to introduce you to Grandpa Hitchcock. I"ll include some more of Grandma Hitchcock also.

4 comments:

  1. These are great pictures I love old things I guess thats why I love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Frances...I couldn't have said it better :)
    Gosh, Fred, those are really great pictures.
    Glad you're back today. Believe it or not...You were missed. I agree...It's H--- to get old, that's why I refuse to.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU DO SOME MANUEL LABOR,AND PRAY TO THE SPRINKLER GODS TO KEEP THEM CLEAN.ANONYMOUS STRIKES AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OKAY, OKAY... Where's Mondays blog?
    Sleeping in today?
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete