When I picked up the mail yesterday, there was a note with some pictures from my cousin Pat (she signs her comments C.P.). They were pictures she removed from an album her mother, my Great Aunt Mary, kept and she thought I would like them. Just want to thank you, Pat. As you look at them, be aware my Aunt Mary "taped and cut" them to fit so there may be some "flaws" but they are still valuable to me.
"My Place"
A few posts ago, I mentioned going to "My Place" and being with Aunt Mary and Red when they purchased it. Let me be clear, when they purchased the property, it looked nothing like it does in this picture. It was a ramshackled old building but with a lot of work from everyone in the family, this is how it turned out. By the way, the car parked in front is my cousin Pat and Johnny's vehicle. Also, the sign post on the left says "My Place".
Austin Creek
In the same post as above, I mentioned the creek behind "My Place" was damned so deepen the water for swimming. Well, this is a picture of the damned creek. this creek is a tributary of the Russian River and just a short jaunt from Korbel Winery and Bodego Bay. Nothing better than champagne and fresh crabs.
Aunt Mary and Red
?This was sent by my Cousin Pat quite some time ago and was a picture of them in later years. To be honest with you, I was very surprised with the picture of Aunt Mary, as she had always been like my Grandmother Madge, a "healthy" woman. Red, well, he was just Red. Just a great guy and I will always remember both of them with great fondness!
Red and I
I don't even know when this was taken, but it does bring back some very fond memories. We were sitting on the back of an El Camino at "My Place". You know, I think the duck hunting trip I was on with Red when he and Aunt Mary bought "My Place" was the best one ever. Looked what came of it. A very special place for the family.
"My Place"A few posts ago, I mentioned going to "My Place" and being with Aunt Mary and Red when they purchased it. Let me be clear, when they purchased the property, it looked nothing like it does in this picture. It was a ramshackled old building but with a lot of work from everyone in the family, this is how it turned out. By the way, the car parked in front is my cousin Pat and Johnny's vehicle. Also, the sign post on the left says "My Place".
Austin CreekIn the same post as above, I mentioned the creek behind "My Place" was damned so deepen the water for swimming. Well, this is a picture of the damned creek. this creek is a tributary of the Russian River and just a short jaunt from Korbel Winery and Bodego Bay. Nothing better than champagne and fresh crabs.
?This was sent by my Cousin Pat quite some time ago and was a picture of them in later years. To be honest with you, I was very surprised with the picture of Aunt Mary, as she had always been like my Grandmother Madge, a "healthy" woman. Red, well, he was just Red. Just a great guy and I will always remember both of them with great fondness!
Red and II don't even know when this was taken, but it does bring back some very fond memories. We were sitting on the back of an El Camino at "My Place". You know, I think the duck hunting trip I was on with Red when he and Aunt Mary bought "My Place" was the best one ever. Looked what came of it. A very special place for the family.
Pat sent me more, but I will save them for another day.
PAT THANKS FOR MORE PICTURES, I JUST LOVE LOOKING AT THEM.MY PLACE LOOKS LIKE A WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE AND ESP. THE SWIMMING HOLE.FRED YOU SURE HAVE LOTS OF GREAT MEMORIES KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
ReplyDeleteHEY--Welcome back, Frances...Missed your comments. "My Place" was a great place to be. In the first picture, on the left, you'll notice a building on "stilts", for lack of a better word..
ReplyDeleteanyway that is a "treehouse" that was built for my boys. Many happy memories. They loved it.
You're welcome, C.F., thought you might enjoy the snaps. If I come across more, that you might like, I'll send them on.
Gee, you were a cool looking dude...I promise I won't ask "what happened"...?
Sorry, just couldn't resist :]
C.P.
Pat I'm glad you told what that was on stilts I thought it was a holding tank for water. where we live there are a lot of water haul and people have lots of differnt ways of keeping and hauling water,thank goodness we don't have to do that.
ReplyDelete