Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Answer

First I have to admit I didn't get my work done for "Uncle Sam." You may have seen in the news that we had a series of thunderstorms come though Florida. Well, I was using the computer to put together some figures and I didn' save as I normally do. We had a power outage for a split second so, since I don't have a UPS system, my computer shut down. Therefore, I lost all of the work I had just completed. Using the immortal words of my sister-in-law Frances, I said "the hell with it!" The things that makes me the angriest is I always have to reset all the digital clocks when we have an outage, but since it was so short, only the clock on the microwave reacted to it. that and my computer, of course.

I want to thank all of you that attempted to figure out the pictures from yesterday. I know the first one was difficult to make out because it was so light but the others gave it away. After Betty read the post she told me she wouldn't comment because she of course knew what they were. I have to admit I was somewhat surprised at how easy it seemed to be. Not to say I didn't think anyone would get it but everyone did. Frances hit it on the head right out of the box. I called to congratulate her on her acute powers of deduction and the first things she said was "what did I win?" When I told her she won my admiration for being so astute, she was less than thrilled.

Here are the complete pictures.


American Falls
These are the American Falls. Most pictures you see are of the Canadian Falls, with the purfect arch of the water. The reason the American Falls are not as spectacular is early in the last century, part of the summit broke off and caused tons of rockto cover the base. When you hear of someone going over the falls, it is always on the Canadian side as they would be crushed on the rocks on the American side.


Another View
Can you believe the amount of mist that is generated? In the winter, it is really spectacular because of the mist turning everything to ice.


River above the falls
This is a picture of the Niagra River prior to reaching the falls. It was taken approximately an eighth of a mile from the edge of the falls.


Beautiful Sunset
I just threw this in because it is pretty. I wish I could take credit for the picture but Daryl took it. I don't even know the location but it is beautiful.

Until the next post!

2 comments:

  1. All the pictures are great but oh that sunset you need to get busy today is the 15th. Hi Pat are'nt we the smart ones you too Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...where are the prizes? Admiration doesn't cut it...thought we already had it. No?
    Sunset photo is gorgeous. Watch out, Daryl will pass you up :)
    Gotta' go...having visitors in about an hour and have to straighten up a bit. AND YOU GET BUSY DOING YOUR WORK FOR UNCLE SAM. Don't want to visit you in jail. Hi Frances.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete