Now on to better things. If you can remember prior digital cameras, the cost of processing and printing pictures was somewhat expensive, so many people switched to taking slides. I was one of them. But until I am able to scan the slides, I won't be able to share those with you. Coming soon, I hope. So, I am going to share with you some of my favorite pictures that I have scanned.
Betty and I Dancing on New Year's EveI know I have shared this picture before, but I think it is very special. Betty and I had not danced in a long time because she couldn't, even though we loved to dance. At this particular New Year's party, our friends wheeled Betty onto the dance floor and was "dancing" with her in her wheel chair. I helped her out of her chair and we danced for a short time. Not as we used to dance, but just standing there swaying back and forth. I think you can tell by the smile on Betty's face, she and I both really felt great.
AmyI love this picture. In fact, I have a large poster print of it hanging on my office wall. Kodak had a printer that could make poster sized pictures from snapshots and since one of my colleagues taught the machine, it was available for all the instructors to use. So, I made the poster.
DarylThis is one of my favorite pitures of Daryl. It was taken on a trip down the St Johns River and of course, he was in command of the boat. When you look at the picture, he just radiates confidence.
The DogsI know you've seen this one before but I think it is great. You can't get more comfortable then Princess and Kujo are in this picture. Do you wish you could just relax and sleep like that?
I'm going to try to get some more pictures scanned today but who knows. I do have some things to do in the yard, but it is a bit chilly right now so that will have to wait until later.
ah life in the slow lane.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling picture of Amy. And yes, Daryl does look commanding. My favorite, though, is the one of you and Betty dancing. I've seen this one before, but it did bear posting again. Oh, for the life of a dog.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos...keep them coming.
C.P.