Yesterday I shared with you the early years of Amy, so today we are going to move on to later years. Like any father, I really hated to see "my little girl" grow up. This fact was brought home to me in a conversation with Amy when see said, "I'm not your little girl anymore!." She, of course, was right but it is still hard to admit it. She will always be my little girl but I have to remember she is a woman now and treat her that way. I'll tell you, it's hard.
So now let's move forward. Reluctantly!
Amy had always been a "dog person" but she inherited two cats from friends in Olympia. Now she really loves her cats.
Amy and Kujo
Okay, she still loves dogs. It was hard when I had to call her and let her know I had to put Princess down, as Princess was her dog.
Senior Picture
Yesterday, Anonymous commented that it is a good thing she takes after her mother, but in reality, that isn't the case. When I was transferred to Rochester, NY, after Amy's 7th grade year, Betty and I had to fly to Rochester to find a house. Well, Amy was going to fly to Las Vegas and stay with Lolo and Pop. At the airport, she wanted to do it all herself, so I stood off to the side while she checked in. Much to her dismay, the person checking her in said "That must be your father. You look just like him." Of course, she was devastated. Looking like your father, the kiss of death!
Amy, Kujo and Betty
This was taken last December at Frances and Ray's.
Amy with Mom and Dad
I don't recall when this was taken, but it was at a Kodak function in Rochester. I just think it is a good picture of all of us.
Very Last Picture
This is the very last picture I have taken of Amy. She and the boys were leaving Frances and Ray's and heading toward Las Vegas for some R&R. We had had a wonderful time with Amy, Daryl & Doug, and Ray & Frances at Christmas, but like all good things it had to come to an end, so Amy and the boys were heading home, with a little stop for some more fun. Betty and I are looking forward to Amy and her roommate Kat, coming in June for a week or so.
Okay, she still loves dogs. It was hard when I had to call her and let her know I had to put Princess down, as Princess was her dog.
Senior PictureYesterday, Anonymous commented that it is a good thing she takes after her mother, but in reality, that isn't the case. When I was transferred to Rochester, NY, after Amy's 7th grade year, Betty and I had to fly to Rochester to find a house. Well, Amy was going to fly to Las Vegas and stay with Lolo and Pop. At the airport, she wanted to do it all herself, so I stood off to the side while she checked in. Much to her dismay, the person checking her in said "That must be your father. You look just like him." Of course, she was devastated. Looking like your father, the kiss of death!
This was taken last December at Frances and Ray's.
Amy with Mom and DadI don't recall when this was taken, but it was at a Kodak function in Rochester. I just think it is a good picture of all of us.
Very Last PictureThis is the very last picture I have taken of Amy. She and the boys were leaving Frances and Ray's and heading toward Las Vegas for some R&R. We had had a wonderful time with Amy, Daryl & Doug, and Ray & Frances at Christmas, but like all good things it had to come to an end, so Amy and the boys were heading home, with a little stop for some more fun. Betty and I are looking forward to Amy and her roommate Kat, coming in June for a week or so.
Until tomorrow, have a wonderful Easter.
And, I also, wish a very Happy Easter to all who reads this. Amy don't feel bad about looking like your Dad. Not when he's as handsome as yours. :) Will flattery get me somewhere????
ReplyDeleteYou're alot prettier than him, though.
C.P.
OKAY, OKAY. "TOMORROW" IS TODAY, MONDAY.........
ReplyDeleteWHERE'S YOUR BLOG?
C.P.
Ok Fred it's afternoon where is the new blog.I think the Amy blog is good but she does look just like you. Sorry Amy It's true.Hope you had a great Easter Pat
ReplyDelete