I know that you have been able to figure out that I like to play golf, even though I'm really not very good. And most of you that know me, know I'm not one to stoop to teasing other people, or allow other people to tease me. I take everything very seriously, especially my golf. But, be aware that the heading of this post "Florida Gators" does not refer to the beautiful critters we have in our lakes and rivers, but refers to the University of Florida. Being from Southern California, I am a UCLA fan and therefore have no interest in USF, FSU, or any other team from this area. I also have no use for USC (University of Spoiled Children) in California, but that's another story.
Anyway, Skip (a neighbor and friend) and I were playing golf with his sister, Marti and her beau Neil, who is a die-hard FSU fan. He, of course, had on a FSU hat, and socks, and FSU orange shirt, and FSU blue shots. However, the "topping on the cake" was his golf bag was FSU orange and blue with the FSU logo on it. Skip an I followed Marti and Neil's cart to the 2nd tee, so I asked them if it would be alright if they followed us from now on. Neil became concerned because he had just met me and asked it there was something wrong. Well, I had to tell him I couldn't stand to look at his golf bag for 18 holes. That started the "feud" and we have had a lot of fun with it since. He even had the nerve to give me FSU logo golf balls for my retirement.
Last Thursday, Neil, Keith and I were going to play golf, as Neil is staying at Skip and Mo's to babysit their new puppy while they are gone. So, I had found some FSU material and asked Betty to make some handkerchiefs out of it. I was going to "blow my nose" using them while he was putting. Betty said it wouldn't be funny if I teased him to much prior to me "using" the handkerchiefs, so I was going to be on my best behavior until that time. However, when I went out to my car on Thursday morning, stuck on the side window was a FSU logo (see picture below). So I thought he got the first "blow" in.
I was going to confront him about it but when I went to lift my tailgate to put my clubs in the car, this is what I saw.


My tailgate.
My tailgate.

Comparison of FSU gator on left and real gator on right.
When I confronted him about all the "stickers", he swore "on my grand baby's life" he hadn't done it. My suspicions immediately fell on Keith. When Keith got in the car, he was laughing about the "stickers" and when I said what Neil swore, I then accused Keith and he swore "on Neil's grand baby's life" he hadn't done it. As you can imagine our game went downhill from there.
This is getting long, so I relate more on another post. We may not play golf very well, but we do have fun when we play.
GATOR HATER FRED!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGO USC
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome C.F. Perhaps I didn't "yell" at you, for not posting yesterday, as I knew you'd have a bad day on the coarse (by your own admission, you're not very good) and that would be enough punishment for one day. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like "somebody" got you good.
Keep having fun...that's what it's all about.
C.P.
Hello again...Just came back from the store and on my way back...I noticed this vacant lot. It was totally covered with golden Caifornia poppies. It reminded me of Uncle Fred (your grampa). Most of the time when he took a ride, he would buy poppy seed and throw it out the car window, at least that's what Mom and Red told me. He always said he wanted to keep Ca. golden. Do you remember that? I think it was GREAT.
ReplyDeleteI know this story doesn't relate to your post today, but just wanted to share that with you while it was still fresh in my mind.
C.P.
Isn't it great to have friends
ReplyDelete