The reason I didn't post yesterday, I had another engagement. Mary, one of our friends, had gone to a charity auction and had purchased two rounds of golf at some private courses nearby. So yesterday was the first round. Keith, Skip and I played a round of golf with one of the course professionals. And, I have to say, Bob, the professional, said I set a course record. It is one of those records you really don't want, but I played out of a sand trap on each of the first 5 holes. I spent a great deal of time in the sand. In fact, as I was teeing off on one hole, Bob was telling everyone to hit to the left, as a fairway bunker was right in our landing area. When I was ready to hit, Bob said "Hell Fred, Just put it in the bunker and get it over with." I was laughing so hard, I hit it too far left and hit the bathroom building. Luckily, no one was inside. I do have to say, the course was beautiful. It is what is known as a "Green Course". There are no houses, nor can there ever be. And there are areas designated as environmentally sensitive so if you lose a ball in there, it is gone forever. Both courses we will get to play, the next one in the fall, are part of a private club, which costs $90,000 to join and approximately $12, 000 a year above that. Obviously, unless I get a windfall somewhere I'll never join. What a great way to play golf though.
Oh, yeah! Our check-ups on Thursday were O.K., at least Betty's was. I was yelled at about my cholesterol, so I have to give up my bread. My bread machine gets put away for a while, I guess.
Today, starts the life of Daryl. Once I get my slides transferred, I'll have many more pictures of him to share, but I'm going to start with what I have.
PHD, Clinical Psychology
Betty took this picture when she went to his office with him at Christmas 2007. He is responsible for 8 or 10 other psychologist that work with him. I have to tell you, he gave Betty and I a bound copy of his Doctorate Dissertation, of which I read the forward and started on the main body. After about a paragraph, I realized I had no clue what he was writing about. He is a specialist in "Play Therapy" and according to his peers, is well know in that area of expertise.
Almost the beginning.Daryl was about two in this picture. And he didn't have a beard.
1970About 3 or 4 and still no beard.
This post has become somewhat long, so I'll stop here until tomorrow.
I don't care anything about your sand traps or your hits and misses,but Daryl now that is a differnt story so get on with it I love reading about him Now That is something to be proud of.
ReplyDeleteHi Frances, you are so right. Daryl is sooo cute.
ReplyDeleteTakes after Betty, doesn't he.
Good thing no one was in the bathroom building...it would have scared the.... well, you know.
Now I'm going to get serious. You MAY want to ask your Dr. about taking another prescription for cholesterol. Yeah, I know, more pills :[ In fact, you may already be taking this. However, my Cardiologist prescribed GEMFIBROZIL,
generic for LOPID, 600 MG tablets. I take two a day. One a half hour before breakfast and the other a half hour before dinner. It's for triglyceride control. My triglycerides were off the chart and within two weeks, when I took the next test, they were down to a normal reading.
It REALLY worked for me. Just a suggestion.
Okay, time to go as I've already written enough. Will look forward to tomorrows post as promised.
C.P.
isn't it wonderful how our children still amaze us with who they are.
ReplyDeletePat Thank you for comment on my blog
ReplyDelete