Tuesday, April 7, 2009

????

As some of you may have noticed (C.P.), I didn't post yesterday. I could go into a long dissertation on why I didn't, but when you get to the bottom line it's because I just didn't feel like it! Yes, I admit it. I was having trouble thinking of something I could share with my loyal fans, and as they say in the "writing" business, I had writers block. I guess it really wasn't writers block, but more like a "brain fart". Nothing, and I mean nothing, was rattling around in that empty space above my shoulders. I also have to admit, today is similar as you can tell by the ranting I've done so far.

So, what am I to do? I guess I will just share some of my favorite pictures that I've scanned so far. If I've used them already, then you are in for a treat of seeing them again and if I haven't, well that will just be another positive experience for you. Let's see where this leads me as I have no guideline to follow. It will be like heading into the wilderness with no direction or plans, because I don't know where I'm going.

When we were living in New York, one Christmas Season my next door neighbor asked if I would play Santa for his company's Christmas Party. The individual that usually played Santa was ill and it was a tradition to have Santa visit the party. I agreed to be Santa (I have to admit this wasn't the first time I played Santa) and the following pictures attest to the fact, I was pretty good (just a little self pat on the back).

Santa checking out the fireplace.


Amy sitting on Santa's lap


Betty sitting on Santa's lap


"I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, ..."
Hey, that sounds like it could be a song!

O.K., these pictures aren't my favorites, but when I saw them I thought it would be fun to share. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to my favorites, or maybe I just might surprise you with something different. You never know so you better keep checking back.

3 comments:

  1. You do make a pretty good Santa nothing like wagging your own tail.Now Pat and I thought you could write a best seller but after this blog we might have second thoughts.Maybe you need more sleep.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, welcome back...I suppose you're entitled to have "brain farts"(your words) once in awhile. However, I suggest you stop eating so many beans. As I mentioned before. WE MISSED YOU.
    By the way, the photos of Santa are priceless. You really do look like "Old Saint Nick"...Notice I said OLD? :)
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST ADMITT IT FRED YOU ARE STARTING TO GET INTO THE RETIREMENT MODE. FINALLY.......I'VE BEEN IN IT FOR YEARS. IT'S COOL.

    ReplyDelete