Okay, okay! Enough of this rambling. I was going to change direction again today, but I decided to wait until tomorrow to do it. So, today I will share more pictures of Bulow Creek with you. This will be the last time for a while, I promise.
The river of No ReturnI just think this illustrates the imposing nature of areas on Bulow Creek. It is like you are surrounded by this jungle with limited avenues of travel. As you float on the river, all you can hear is the wind through the trees and bulrushes, the different sounds of the critters in the area, and your own breathing. It is very tranquile and so relaxing.
No Flower's An IslandThis picture illustrates natures way of "softening" a harsh environment. These large palm tree, masses of bulrushes and then this delicate flower to soften it. Really a very pretty sight.
ContrastA contiuation of the way Mother Nature softens the environment.
Another Knarly TreeI shared one knarly tree with you yesterday, and this is another one that I think is very pretty. Mother Nature has a way of making even the most mundane of objects, a dead tree, into a work of art.
Where's My Mama?This is an osprey nest high up in a tree, and you can just make out a young osprey that has yet to learn to fly. Osprey's mate for life and come back to the same nest year after year, ever enlarging it. We watch this nest over a period of weeks as the male and female osprey shared the nurturing of the young osprey. We even were able to watch the mother teaching the young one to fish. What a treat! Sadly, one of the hurricanes from which we received some heavy wind, destroyed the nest and we think killed the female.
Those pictures are the last from "The Creek" for now. Maybe sometime I'll come back to share more, but now it's time to go in a different direction.
You are right I did go to lunch with the girls I need that one day to just be me.I don't know about Ray as he wasn't talking to me when I got home,and still in bed this morning.Great pictures I wish I was out in your boat floating on the river of no return.
ReplyDeleteSorry, Betty, I didn't let you know. I really wasn't "out of town", well, maybe I was as I had to take a friend to the Drs. yesterday and didn't read yesterdays blog until late. My friend is in a wheelchair and it's a little difficult, for me,to manipulate. I took her to lunch, after her visit, as she doesn't get a chance to get out much. She enjoyed it and that's really what matters. Love your pictures, "the river of no return" is beautiful but spooky. Of coarse I spook easily. Looking forward to tomorrows blog.
ReplyDeleteC.P.